Welcome to Pro Dive's online career center.
Pro Dive International is committed to leading the scuba diving industry in education, technology, programming, and operational best practices in every segment of the company – schools, charters and retail.
Maintaining a mission of such high caliber will be accomplished by developing a staff of equally high caliber instructors. Pro Dive is hiring multiple positions and we are looking for dive professionals who are the “best of the best.” We would like you to be part of our dynamic future if you possess vast experience, an unparalleled passion for diving, a concern for the aquatic environment, a talent for teaching, and a commitment to customer service.
Unique advantages of being on the Pro Dive Team:
- For personal growth and experience we rotate positions so that employees will enjoy working the retail store, the dive boats, and teaching classes.
- We have attractive compensation and benefits for our staff.
- Our campus is in a resort location located on the Intra-coastal Waterway and adjacent to Fort Lauderdale Beach. The Pro Dive Campus includes a 10,000 sqft training center with on-site pools, classrooms, boats and retail facilities.
- You have the opportunity to teach a complete spectrum of instructional programs, as well as the proprietary programs uniquely offered by Pro Dive.
A full-time hourly position in the training department with additional responsibilities for student career placement. Minimum qualification: PADI IDC Staff Instructor (IDCS). Click here for more details.
“The Best of the Best”
Selecting a staff of dive professionals of this quality is not to be taken lightly. Although experience and credentials are important in the make-up of instructors, actual performance is the truest measure of abilities. Pro Dive will be conducting performance interviews for the selection of all positions. These performance interviews may be done in person or by video. Applicants must either attend one interview day or submit a video for interviews and Instructor Proficiency Demonstrations. Interviews will be conducted to learn more about your background, core values, and teaching experience. During the Instructor Proficiency Demonstrations you will show us your knowledge, skills, teaching methodologies, and ability to perform essential tasks common to professional diving instructors.
Option 1 - On-Site Interview:
- Pro Dive will contact you to schedule your on-site interview upon receipt of your online application
Demonstrations may include:
- A prepared classroom presentation utilizing the PADI Instructor Manual and multi-media. Your presentation will be no longer than ten minutes and topics will be given with adequate time to prepare.
- In-water performance of the PADI 20 Skill Circuit to demonstration-quality as scored by the PADI evaluation criteria.
- In-water demonstration of a rescue of an unconscious diver at depth. (Rescue exercise 6, 7 and 8)
Option 2 - Pro Dive’s Video Interview:
- Submit your video using the following criteria:
Send as DVD or CD-ROM
Most digital video formats accepted such as Quicktime, Windows Media Player, MPEG-4, etc.
Ship to address:
429 Seabreeze Blvd
Fort Lauderdale FL 33316
Must be received by: October 10, 2008
Videos should include the following:
- Tell us about yourself and why you want to work for Pro Dive. (Clear audio and no longer than 5 minutes)
- A prepared classroom presentation utilizing the PADI Instructor Manual and multi-media. Your presentation is to be no longer than ten minutes and topics will be given with adequate time to prepare. We will contact you with you with your presentation topic.
- In-water performance of the PADI 20 Skill Circuit to demonstration-quality as scored by the PADI evaluation criteria. Please ensure you fill the entire frame and it is shot from the students’ point of view.
- In-water demonstration of a rescue of an unconscious diver at depth. (Rescue exercise 6, 7 and 8) Please ensure you fill the entire frame and shoot from the best possible angle to see your demonstration.